About the job
To manage all engineering activities associated with a Mega Projects PMC contract as part of an integrated Client/Company team.
- Responsible for the engineering administrative function, directing and consulting several groups engaged in interrelated engineering responsibilities
- Plan and manage the execution of the multi-discipline FEED/Conceptual Design Studies & EPC engineering in both local and affiliated international offices
- Preparation and administration of design budgets, estimates, forecasts and schedules.
- Recruitment and Development of a technically competent, cohesive and functional engineering team
- Be responsible for the timeliness and technical correctness of all works performed by the Engineering Team
- Technical Integrity – take responsibility for the technical integrity of the team, addressing working methods, tools, quality assurance, peer reviews, communication with team members on other projects.
- Manage value improvement processes
- Manage third party consultants/specialists
- Ensure all design engineering activities meet or exceed engineering standards with regard to quality, cost, safety and performance
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system including utilizing the corporate Project Management systems
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety and adherence to safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- B. Sc. Engg (Mech. or Chem.) from an accredited college or university.
- 15 years of total minimum post-graduation experience.
- 10 years of total minimum post-graduation experience in oil & gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry.
- 5 years of minimum experience in related designation/specialty.
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience in the Middle East
- Must have a proven track record of managing multiple projects in Design & Engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Strong technical skills in the onshore oil and gas industry
- Track record of managing multi projects and multi-discipline design teams
- High level of understanding of management of interfaces across multi-functional Company and Client groups
- Well-developed man management and client management skills.