About the job
KONE is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Installation Engineer to be based in our Doha, Qatar office to plan, manage and control the contracted scope of work and is accountable for the safe, high quality and efficient installation of the KONE solutions, according to the agreed schedule and budget. Our team is comprised of installation professionals who provide service to our customers. We are looking for a confident leader to manage the installation process and deliver quality solutions to our customers.
In this role you will live the KONE values on a daily basis and be a role model to others. The successful candidate will work towards ensuring quality installation, improving equipment safety and performance. The successful candidate will act as the KONE interface to the customer at the installation site and to other parties throughout the installation process. They will be there to support the sales team and the technical sales support team in pre-tender, tender and order activities when needed or requested.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large multi-national company who is a leader in the elevator and escalator field. If you feel you have what it takes, meet the criteria and feel that you can add significant value to this role and business unit then apply for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the one?
- Five years or more experience in construction and installation within the elevator/escalator industry;
- The ability to guide safety, quality and productivity during installation and handovers, and for corrective actions to any detected non-conformities;
- A thorough understanding of the KONE installation methods, and for proper risk assessment for parts of installation where KONE method is not available;
- Experienced in site preparations, site readiness, site visits and audits, including resolution of site readiness non-conformities with customer;
- To deliver the project plan by scheduling material delivery to site, installation activities and handovers;
- Project planning of installation activities, site storage and logistics, and needed resources and tools;
- Perform the installation handover to and from installers and subcontractors, managing installation progress, final testing of the equipment and handover to maintenance
- Manage quality claims and feedback, time sheet approvals, installation documentation, reporting of installation progress, status, cost accumulation and risks, and managing schedule and other changes
- Excellent communication skills in English and an understanding of Arabic will be advantageous.
What We Offer
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment;
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work;
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills;
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets;
- Regular feedback through performance discussions;
- Opportunities for individual development;
- Mentoring and coaching programs;
- Flexibility, trust and respect;
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Working for a successful organization.