About the job
What You Will Be Doing
- The Civil Inspector will be responsible for assuring that the work adheres to approved plans and specifications, contract-imposed administrative and operational requirements and applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the site earthwork, underground utilities, site concrete, roadwork and pavements, site features and small support structures, landscaping and related civil work.
- Will coordinate to verify that adequate, trained resources are available, that the right materials are used and that the proper processes are implemented during construction.
- Will then document the fulfillment of the tasks accomplished and provide to the Resident Engineer any other documentation, such as reports of nonconforming work.
- Confirms that the plans, specifications, shop drawings and change documents are correct for the planned work and are approved.
- Confirms that the resources assigned to the work are sufficient, adequately trained for the task, briefed on the method statement or work plan and that they can perform the work in a safe manner.
- Confirms that the materials on site are sufficient and approved per shop drawings or other material approvals.
- Confirms that labor welfare facilities are in place and adequate, and that labor laws and regulations are adhered to.
- Monitors the Contractor’s performance of work, assuring adherence to the approved documents and requirements to the extent that it applies to his discipline and area of expertise.
What Required Skills You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute to the approval of the Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrable experience in supervision of civil construction projects of which not less than 5 years shall be in works related to major gravity sewerage, surface & groundwater system projects including Sewerage House Connections (SHC).
- Experience in similar open-cut sewerage, surface & groundwater networks is required, involving deep excavations, structural and water retaining concrete, temporary works, dewatering, pavement/ roadworks, utilities diversion/ interface etc.
- Experience in micro tunneling works, procedures, machinery setup, and monitoring micro tunnel site activities for sewerage, surface & groundwater networks is an advantage.
- Must have a good command of English both written and spoken.
- Computer skills are mandatory.