About the job
The British Council’s English and Examinations Strategic Business Unit (E&E) includes a significant business client base. It is part of our commercial strategy moving forward for the evolving Corporate English Solutions (CES) division to professionalise and develop our approach and to grow this income stream.CES Sales and Account Managers (SAMs) are responsible for a defined sales territory. This includes driving growth of corporate sales through new and existing accounts to achieve business targets and leading on sales strategy within their territory.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Developing and implementing sales and commercial strategy for the corporate business stream within an assigned territory.
- Contributing to commercial planning and setting of income targets across business units.
- Developing prospect profiles for the territory and actively networking to engage target profiles.
- Managing Accounts (potentially up to and above GBP 1M) from Opportunity stage to Close, combining products from our English Language, Professional Skills and Assessment portfolio to achieve stretching targets.
- Managing the solution design process for the client by project managing across internal stakeholder groups, business units and geographies.
- Manage ongoing client relationships to ensure customer success and retain and grow income.
- Capturing and reporting insight around our corporate audience and our sales and marketing effectiveness.
Commercial strategy and planning
- Leads on sales strategy and implementation within the assigned territory, including market, industry, channel, and product selection.
- Informs regional strategy and income targets through data-driven insight.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to develop resourcing plans and budgets.
- Actively networks at events and other forums to engage prospects to raise awareness of the British Council’s Corporate Solutions portfolio.
- Develops a digital prospecting plan with Business Development Executives and manages their performance to drive sales through this channel
- Works with country and regional marketing teams to develop an annual marketing plan that helps achieve corporate sales targets.
Achieve sales targets
- Takes responsibility for ensuring regular action is taken across the territory to achieve sales targets, including working with stakeholders across business units to ensure their operations support this.
- Manages Accounts, potentially including some business critical accounts, from Opportunity through to Close.
- Ensure customer experience excellence by managing their own performance and those of others in the value chain.
- Manages the solution design process for the client by project managing across internal stakeholder groups, business units and geographies.
- Negotiates commercial contracts, within agreed margins where required.
- Manages B2B sales effectiveness within the assigned territory.
- Establishes and implements and account management strategy to maximise retention and income growth from existing clients.
- Manages customer success for B2B clients in the territory by working across by project managing across internal stakeholder groups, business units and geographies.
- Takes active steps to maintain ongoing relationships with corporate clients.
- Undertakes post-delivery evaluation with clients to identify areas of improvement and future opportunities.
Business data and intelligence
- Drives continuous improvement of our corporate business stream by providing regular, data-driven insight on sales, delivery, and retention.
- Captures and manages client data in CRM and other business systems.
- Manages CRM workflows that have been assigned.
Managing Self And Others
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards
About You (essential Requirements For The Role)
- 5+ years of customer management experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce or use of similar CRM
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Local language at C2 level for speaking and writing. English level at C1 speaking and writing
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or discipline
- Sales related experience in large sectors (e.g financial services, media, pharmaceuticals tourism etc)
- Sales or Marketing qualifications
- Job Grade: 7-F
- Location: Qatar or UAE
- Contract type: 2 Years
- Requirements: This role is open for candidates who have the legal right to work in the job location.
- Closing date: December 12, 2022