About the job
Role Purpose: The role will be responsible to direct, supervise and control the provision of centralized contract development activities to meet in a cost-effective, timely and efficient manner all QM’s works, and services including technical, construction, maintenance, general services and manpower supply contracting requirements. He/She will be expected to handle complex and high value contracts as assigned including the development of tender/RFP and contract documents for all QM departments, units and affiliates, vetting qualification and evaluation criteria and recommending contract and negotiation strategies. He/She will evaluate claims/requests for contract variations and maintain follow-up until closeout of contract file.
- Develop model/standard contract templates for various types of contracts and works/services required by QM.
- Review scope of work/services to ensure clarity and completeness, develop suitable pricing structure, select/draft suitable conditions and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure suitable tendering strategy is followed and direct the call for tender ensuring that proper tender documents are compiled and completed from technical, contractual, commercial, financial and legal perspectives.
- Develop optimal contracting strategies to meet contracting obligations in line with QM requirements.
- Prepare pre-qualification/Expression of Interest documents and lead respective exercises.
- Establish, in consultation with end users, pre-determined evaluation criteria for bid evaluation and coordinate the evaluation of pre-qualifications and bids with user departments.
- Lead risk analysis, where applicable, to identify QM’s exposure and develop, in consultation with all relevant departments, best risk mitigation strategy.
- Control the contract award process by preparing/vetting award correspondence and notifications, ensuring that securities and insurance policies match contract requirements and finalizing contract documents for execution.
- Review and assess claims from and against contractors, prepare settlement strategies and lead negotiations, as required.
- Recommend and review recommendations for the modification and addition to existing contracting and service agreements
- Review and develop as required contract policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the close out phase of major projects on a selective basis.
- Participate actively at project development phase of major projects for contracting strategy, interface, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 8 years varied experience in contract development and management related functions.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial practices, and legal aspects.
- Experience within GCC is advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic is an advantage.
- Familiarity with project management and other relevant computer applications.
- Excellent people management and motivational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.