About the job
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
- Assists in formulating and implementing store strategies and procedures to maximize sales, profitability and commercial performance of all retail outlets in the assigned cluster of areas
- Sets KPI’s and targets monitor performance against plan and initiate remedial actions in case of discrepancy between actual and expected performance
- Generates and analyses sales figures forecast future sales and interpret trends to facilitate area operations planning
- Oversees the store’s after-sales processes and ensures full adherence to repair/return policies and procedures through proper communication with internal stakeholders
- Works with the area managers and store management to ensure that store displays and inventory levels are adequate to meet the forecast sales budget
- Monitors stock to achieve bottom-line sales budget against monthly targets
- Recommends and implements actions required to address stores experiencing decreasing sales
- Works closely with Loss Prevention to ensure that loss prevention programs are in place across all store locations
- Tours the sales floor regularly, talks to colleagues and customers to help resolve urgent issues
- Maintains awareness of market trends; understands changing customer attitudes and buying preferences and monitors the competition to ensure that sales opportunities are maximized
- Ensures that all relevant communications are relayed in a timely manner to store management
- Ensures that store schedules reflect a store staffing model that meets customer needs
- Ensures that the team is adequately trained in inventory management techniques such as in-bound and outbound movement of goods, receiving, stocking, restocking, transfers and managing inventory discrepancies
- Maximizes productivity in stores through effective deployment of resources; controls costs within budgetary guidelines (overtime, stock and consumables) through efficient store operations
- Ensures all the stores follow employment and state laws, health and safety standards
- Looks at prospective sites and evaluates new sites and coordinates with the Property Department to share inputs; oversees new store openings and re-fits.
Sports Division Specific:
- Addresses customer issues and queries in a timely manner; manages customer retention and drives the team toward identifying new accounts.
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement