About the job
A little bit about us!
At Snoonu we believe that through technology anything is possible.
Our vision is to be the first Qatari Super App that propels the region and its community through our innovative technology. We are leaders in the field with ambition in what we do and how we impact. We empower our team to create without limit and think BIG! At Snoonu we believe that everyone’s contributions are important, we coach, we listen and we act. Our culture is boundless and equipped to hit the ground running at any given time.
Our mission is simply to transform how we live by connecting people with a technology that equips them with endless possibilities, surpassing norms and uplifting communities, creating opportunities, and doing it proudly. We welcome talents, entrepreneurs, and creative minds to join us in this journey of becoming Qatar’s first Unicorn.
This Is How We Make a Difference, We
- Be customer obsessed – Focus on the customer and all else will follow
- Act with Integrity – Do well by doing good
- Be Curious and Creative – Be curious and keep the cat alive (a joking way from proverb “curiosity kills the cat”)
- Lead by Example & take Ownership – Be the change you want to see and take ownership.
- Hustle & Deliver Results! – You can do more by doing less, better and faster
- It’s all about people – Be a Team player
The Main Purpose Of Your Role
A Middle-Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that developed code is thoroughly and accurately tested before release to production. As a member of the Operations Team, the QA Engineer contributes to the continued development of the Snoonu services. The ideal candidate will work with developers, product managers, designers, and other QA Engineers to ensure deliverables are timely and meet expectations. This role will require individuals to coordinate with other team members to resolve identified bugs. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and is consistent about follow-through.
(Some Of) What You Will Be Doing
- Prepare test plans, test cases and documentation for user stories within a sprint.
- Triage bugs to team members and seek feedback as necessary.
- Follow-up with bug-owners to resolve and close bugs in a timely manner.
- Prioritize test cases and bugs independently. Coordinate with the product owner and team manager as necessary.
- Participates in the sprint process as a member of the feature team – including team meetings and daily standups.
- Ensure test documentation is appropriate for presentation to Change Control. Ensure to the best of your ability that critical features will work in PROD.
- Troubleshoot Tier 3 issues to determine if the issue is a known or new bug.
- Work to consistently improve testing efficiency – including for regression testing.
- Assist in the preparation of user stories so they are written in a testable manner.
Do you have some of these?
- 2+ years of professional experience in building RESTful API automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience with building testing frameworks like RestAssured, xUnit, Appium
- Experience with CI/CD deployments Tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Possession and demonstration of flexibility, creativity and good judgment. Has an interest in understanding how things work and how to break them.
- Understanding of healthcare IT standards and their application preferred
- Strong aptitude for evaluating and solving complex problems and issues.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable using tools such as Postman and SOAPUI
- Comfortable working with RESTful APIs and SQL Databases
Do you have some of these too?
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience in the same field.
- Experience using SoapUI, Postman, or other API testing software
- Scrum Agile knowledge
- ISTQB certification huge advantage for candidates
- Coding experience is a plus