About the job
Doha British Schools are a cluster of outstanding schools that provide a British educational provision for nearly 3000 students in Qatar.
Doha British School Ain Khaled, was founded in 1997 and is a private co-educational day school for students from Foundation Stage to Year 13, offering the National Curriculum of England and IB programmes. Students follow the English Early Years Foundation Stage, the National Curriculum at Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and at Key Stage 4 a comprehensive range of IGCSE courses. At Post-16 the school is the only school in Qatar to offer 4 different pathways for our Post 16 provision, which include AS, A level, BTEC and the IB Diploma programme.
Doha British Schools educational provision has grown as a result of its outstanding reputation, with the opening of the Al Wakra campus in 2014 and Rawdat Al Hamama campus in 2022 which offers outstanding education for students.
All Doha British Schools offer a traditional British Pastoral provision and an extensive range of extra-curricular activities. Our highly regarded schools operate under the experienced leadership of our Principal, Rob Khan. DBS schools promote an ethos of high expectations and the importance of academic success for all our students. DBS schools have a strong focus on Character Development which is embedded into the culture and ethos of all DBS schools. All our schools are accredited by the BSO/BSME/QNSA/CIS.
Cultural diversity is celebrated at our schools and currently the student body compromises over 90 different nationalities.
Our core purpose is to ensure that every young person gains as much as possible from our schools, based on our fundamental belief that all learners can, need and want to achieve. The DBS Way encourages learners to be resilient, self-confident, motivated, ambitious, inquisitive, respectful, honest and to act with integrity and community spirit. Our Mission is to prepare all young people through a relevant, challenging curriculum and well-resourced facilities to become lifelong learners contributing to a global community. The character development of our students is also a high priority. We have a reputation for providing academic excellence coupled with unrivaled pastoral care. We offer high quality CPD for staff at all stages of their career and an extensive induction programme.
Successful applicants must have:
- Be committed to the DBS vision, ethos and values.
- Have a proven track record of raising academic standards and leading sustained successful school improvement
- Work alongside a team of senior leaders to ensure alignment and school improvement adding capacity to the wider leadership of the DBS cluster
- Lead by example – with integrity, creativity, resilience and objectivity.
- Be passionate about getting the best from all students through consistent, high-quality teaching.
- Be a visible and approachable presence who communicates well at all levels.
- Support, motivate and inspire students in reaching their full potential both academically and socially.
- Support, motivate and inspire staff.
- Builds strong partnerships with parents, careers and the wider community.
- Is committed to working collaboratively with other schools in the cluster and the wider community.
- Maintain a safe, calm and well-ordered environment, and is focused on the safeguarding of students and staff.
- A team of staff who are passionate and dedicated.
- A fully supportive and active governing body who are committed to your continuing professional development.
- An engaging and varied curriculum.
- The support of senior leaders across the cluster of schools
- A school that sets high expectations of all of its staff and students.
- Tax free monthly salary
- Housing Allowance
- School fee discounts for dependants
- Annual flight allowance
- Health insurance
- End of service gratuity