About the job
Doha British Schools are a cluster of outstanding schools that provide a British educational provision for nearly 3000 students in Qatar.
Doha British School Ain Khaled, was founded in 1997 and is a private co-educational day school for students from Foundation Stage to Year 13, offering the National Curriculum of England and IB programmes. Students follow the English Early Years Foundation Stage, the National Curriculum at Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and at Key Stage 4 a comprehensive range of IGCSE courses. At Post-16 the school is the only school in Qatar to offer 4 different pathways for our Post 16 provision, which include AS, A level, BTEC and the IB Diploma programme.
Doha British Schools educational provision has grown as a result of its outstanding reputation, with the opening of the Al Wakra campus in 2014 and Rawdat Al Hamama campus in 2022 which offers outstanding education for students.
All Doha British Schools offer a traditional British Pastoral provision and an extensive range of extra-curricular activities. DBS schools promote an ethos of high expectations and the importance of academic success for all our students. DBS schools have a strong focus on Character Development which is embedded into the culture and ethos of all DBS schools. All our schools are accredited by the BSO/BSME/QNSA/CIS.
Cultural diversity is celebrated at our schools and currently the student body compromises over 90 different nationalities.
Our core purpose is to ensure that every young person gains as much as possible from our schools, based on our fundamental belief that all learners can, need and want to achieve. The DBS Way encourages learners to be resilient, self-confident, motivated, ambitious, inquisitive, respectful, honest and to act with integrity and community spirit. Our Mission is to prepare all young people through a relevant, challenging curriculum and well-resourced facilities to become lifelong learners contributing to a global community. The character development of our students is also a high priority. We have a reputation for providing academic excellence coupled with unrivaled pastoral care. We offer high quality CPD for staff at all stages of their career and an extensive induction programme.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, or equivalent (the PGCE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree).
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3 and 4 (Key Stage 5 preferably)
- Experience of teaching IGCSE and AS/A level (desirable International Baccalaureate)
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school.
- Tax free monthly salary
- Furnished accommodation with paid utilities
- School fee discounts for dependents
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical insurance
- End of service gratuity