About the job
About the role
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo Commercial/ Sales team as a Corporate Social Responsibility Manager in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of Cargo Commercial/ Sales. We care, we lead and we have fun managing small to large-scale business transformation projects to offer simple service to our customers while connecting global communities.
The role will be responsible to manage all QR Cargo Corporate Social Responsibility (WeQare) initiatives and ensure all CSR initiatives undertaken, reaps the best possible returns for the division. The role is also responsible for exploring and evaluating new and existing CSR opportunities, which are in-line with the core strategy & objectives of the business to maximize its return.
Some of the tasks include:
- Formulate and execute the long-term and mid-term CSR & Advocacy Strategy, which supports and is in-line with the overall communications strategy of the group to ensure maximum return to the business.
- Develop effective initiatives and platforms to expand and enhance QR Cargo brand globally by implementing adequate CSR initiatives as per divisions goals.
- Ensure QR Cargo has a positive impact on local communities and the environment through effective implementation and communication of CSR initiatives.
- Perform cost benefit analysis to make sound financial judgement in order to proceed with the CSR initiative.
- Ensure QR Cargo branding is prominent and consistent in all CSR & advocacy activities to drive best-in-class branding and ensure QR Group brand guidelines are followed.
- Manage all external communication relating to QR Cargo’s CSR & advocacy initiatives through website, social media, press releases etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of experience in philanthropy, cause marketing, communications, or non-profit management
- Experience with volunteer management and/or employee engagement programs
- Experience working with other organisations to deliver community projects
- Strong understanding of the transport industry, air freight, and logistics is preferred
- Demonstrable experience working with key partners at various levels with a complex organization is preferred
- Advanced MS office skills
- Excellent command of the English language both verbally and in writing
- Effective relationship building skills with key stakeholders
- Self-motivated and independent