About the job
Responsible for project operations and programs support including standardization, quality management, document management, methods creation and maintenance, process improvement and tools for the project management function. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In charge of operation/project excellence and professional activities for multiple projects in Qatar and Oman and other small projects around these countries.
- In charge of the full portfolio operation Financial (Billing, invoicing, cash collections, due, inventory) and non-financial (Project close out, time respecting, quality of delivery, tool usage, supply chain,
- In charge of the APM (Asset Performance Management) program delivery quality methodology, field service operation excellence including scope delivery with required quality and budget.
- Building the customer intimacy with GE main customers to support the business growth
- Helping the project managers and team leaders and software delivery Leader and SME leader.
- In charge of the PMO activities including the APM P&L setup building, and all the operation figures consolidation
- Managing the operations teams and leaders activities and guaranty the retention of the teams and keeping the motivation of the resources while keeping lean and competitive organization
- Promote and develop APM business with the utilities and industrial customers in the Middle East and Turkey and Africa (META) region
- Leverage GE Grid Automation/Solutions capabilities to grow the pipeline Digital Services.
- Lead proposal team to develop innovative and creative solutions to benefit the business and the customers
- Develop customer centric solutions to resolve customer challenges and build long term mutually beneficial relationships
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- More than 10 years Grid Solution expertise in the operation from a Grid OEM or equivalent with international experience
- More than 10 years’ experience in the project management and operation management of regional portfolio
- More than 10 years’ experience of operation activities with utilities/grid in Qatar or equivalent GCC countries
- Team management experience with track records of saucerful experience
- Highly organized person with active listening skills and team management skills
- Flexibility and resilience to support teams/grid
- Very good writing and communications skills
- English language is a must
- Arabic and/or French language is a plus