About the job
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Project Engineer – Transportation, to join our award-winning team based in Qatar.
This critical role will be responsible for providing key technical expertise and input at different stages of multiple projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery within the transportation discipline.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Preparing access and circulation studies, Transportation Impact Studies and Transportation Master Plans.
- Using SYNCHRO, Sidra and HCS in assessing intersection operation and developing improvement measures.
- Supporting development and interrogation of strategic and micro-simulation transport models including VISUM and VISSIM.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to clients and approving authorities.
- Undertaking checks and reviews to ensure work is comprehensive and accurate and applies sound engineering principles and standards.
- Mentoring junior staff members.
- Responding to requests for proposals – technical approach and financials.
- Developing strong communication and working relationships with colleagues, management, subcontractors, public agencies and clients which support collaborative work practices.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring 8 years’ experience from a similar role working within an Engineering Consultancy environment partnered with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Membership of professional institution such as MIStructE, C.Eng. or PE or working toward Chartership is highly preferred.