About the job
The Data Analyst – Quality & Patient Safety will conduct data analysis to forecast and create quality and patient safety plans, including implementation plans. They will create models and automate data collection to update plans and inform strategy. Also, they will research, organize, and analyze data and recommendations for clear communication.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Performs statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity.
- Evaluates system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality.
- Collaborates with database developers to improve data collection and storage processes.
- Gathers data from primary or secondary data sources to identify and interpret trends.
- Reports data analysis findings to management to inform business decisions and prioritize information system needs.
- Documents processes and maintains data records.
- Adheres to best practices in data analysis and collection.
- Keeps abreast of developments and trends in data quality analysis.
- Supports the different clinical and non-clinical departments in setting their performance measures and the related data collection plans and assesses the performance through analyzing trends.
- Sets in place an internal process to benchmark the Hospital data with similar hospitals.
- Performs other assignments as may be required by the administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Health Administration or similar. (Essential)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Healthcare Quality (required).
- Experience with business process improvement.
- Minimum 2 years in GCC (preferred).