About the job
As a member of the Finance Department, the Accountant – Accounts Payable will report to the Team Lead – Accounts Payable. The job involves maintenance of the Accounts Payable functions and ensuring adherence/compliance to Elegancia Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews and verifies invoices and their accompanying payment requests.
- Ensure compliance with the financial policies and procedures such elements proper authorization, applicable matching purchase order or contract, accuracy and reasonableness of the charge code, commodity tax compliance, applicable income tax reporting obligations and presence of accurate banking information where wire payments are involved.
- Prepares invoice batches and inputs in the accounts payable module of the financial information system daily to ensure payments are processed in time for the weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Creates supplier records in the financial information system.
- Seeks clarifications or explanations from submitters when warranted; changes status of expense claims in the expense management system to reflect the actions taken.
- Prepares journal entries to record cost allocation or adjustments in the financial system.
- Provides advice to clients regarding procedures relating to accounts payable, wire transfers.
- Responds to inquiries from suppliers, consultants, and clients regarding the status of their payments.
- Extend support to the other functions in the Finance Department on a need basis.
- Special assignments as may be required by the management.
- Ensure compliance/adherence to the Hospital’s and Finance Department Policies and Procedures, Code of Ethics and report any deviations/noncompliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast–paced, demanding work environment.
- Be professional and courteous.
- Advanced capability in using Excel and accounting packages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to cross train with others in the department.