About the job
Siemens Advanta Consulting is the global management consultancy of one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. Siemens Advanta Consulting navigates companies through their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations.
Join our Siemens Advanta Commercial team as Commercial Project Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
What You’ll Do
- In your new role you will be responsible for the accuracy of the overall project financial books and records and managing day-to-day financial and commercial project operations on a regional level (creating bookings, setting up project WBS structure, contractual set up, budget, monitoring project financial status based on planned delivery schedule in local SAP systems, purchase process, documentation, etc.)
- Coordinate other contractual requirements and ensure compliance with Siemens
- FRG and local GAAP requirements, tax regulations, export control regulations, and hedging/currency regulations, performance guarantees, insurances, etc. to achieve contract commitments
- Prepare and update project actuals and forecasts and initiate financial invoices according to project progress and contractual terms
- Ensure compliance with Levels of Authority approval guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process
- Ensure quality of all commercial and administrative project policies per Siemens guidelines Involved in month end close activities – prepare cost accruals/provisions, ensure revenue and profit declarations are properly recognized
- Support internal & external project audits as required, and perform project close out activities
- Support on sales and administrative topics, company registrations, licenses, etc.
What we expect:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration,
- Economics or MBA.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience in Project Accounting or Finance, preferably with experience in Project Management and acquired experience in international project controlling (e.g. contract management, PM@Siemens process, claim management).
- Certificate as CPM-C according to PM@Siemens or similar Commercial certificates
- Experience in project accounting (Completed Contract / Percentage of Completion)
- Proficiency in SAP ERP system for commercial project management
- Strong process knowledge and structured work approach preferred as well as
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of project controlling, accounting / finance, contract & subcontract management, and supply chain management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally and international between departments
- Ability to systematically work through complex topics and highly engaged, performance driven personality
- You are customer and solutions oriented and able to build a strong internal as well as external working relationships