About the job
Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
- Preparing Instrumentation and Control systems Designs to the approval of local authorities/international authorities as applicable per project guidelines.
- Preparing Detailed Design for ELV systems –Building Management System (BMS), Telecom, Access Control System (ACS) and CCTV system at different building types
- Instrumentation and Control systems Detailed Design for Drainage Infrastructures, Pump Stations and different water works.
- Preparing Tender documentation including Project Scope of Works (SOW) and Particular Specifications as required.
- Assist QS team in Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and review/comment on the final BoQ.
- Attend Design Review Workshop / meetings with the Client/Contractor on site or as required.
- Respond to the Tender Queries from bidders and assist in the Tender Evaluation process.
- Review Contractor’s Shop drawings and Material submittals.
- Meet full compliance to applicable QA/QC procedures.
- Review Detailed Design, IFC drawings, Material Submittals, Shop Drawings and vendor documentation.
- Attend HAZOP and CHAZOP as required.
If And When Required On Site
- Assist REs, SREs and Project Managers in preparing and reviewing Progress reports, if reporting to site.
- Assist Contracts Dept. to evaluate contractor’s claims.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Inspect materials delivered and Site activities.
- Witness installation and pre-commissioning tests.
- Witness Integrated PLC and SCADA Systems Commissioning tests
- Preliminary Review Technical Submittals
- Technical meetings and workshops with contractor
- Technical meetings with Client.
- Preparing/ reviewing Interface with Existing systems and Master SCADA
- Integrated System Commissioning tests
- Witness in-service checks for Warranty period
- Review Project Handover documentation
- Compliance to QA/QC procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and typically 15+ years of related work experience. MME Engineer registration is required.
Experience in Engineering Design, Construction, and Construction Supervision for related Projects in the fields of Road Drainage and Utility Infrastructure, Foul Sewer and Storm Water Pumping Stations, TSE Pumping Stations, Sewage Treatment Plants, Potable Water Pumping Stations in Qatar, such as Ashghal (PWA), Kahramaa, and others.