About the job
Our team is our greatest asset and the key to our success. We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example, we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others, as we would have them deal with us. Our team is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion.
Who We Look For
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments and Home Office.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and
- Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four
- Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the above task.
- Must be able to work with confidentiality and display good discretion.
- Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Receive, direct or determine action required on all telephone inquiries whenever they are
- not independently handled.
- Act as a liaison between the Director of Finance and employee-related inquiries.
- Monitor timecards for the finance staff members. Ensure staff are paid correctly by
- preparing all pertinent PSA and making adjustments on timecard if necessary.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- Must have the commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the Finance Office.
- Assist in all secretarial duties as required, especially dealing effectively with the Director of
- Finance’s incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Establish and maintain all files for the Director of Finance, including a trace system to permit efficient follow-up action.
- Establish and maintain files on all hotel licenses, contracts, leases and agreements.
- Maintain an inventory of all necessary forms, stationery and related office supplies for the
- Finance Office and as needed for the entire hotel/resort.
- Sort and distribute hotel’s daily incoming mail as well as handling all hotel’s daily outgoing mail via postal service.
- Prepare the Daily Mail Cash Receipts Listing to ensure segregation of duties from clerical staff.
- Mail or forward Accounts Payables cheques to vendors and suppliers to ensure segregation of duties from clerical staff.
- Assist in processing A/R billings.
- Maintain log and process all wire transfers.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of
- Assist in A/P phone inquires as well as A/R guest folio requests and process guest disputes
- when guest requests.
- Serve as a key operator for the copiers.
- Maintain log for files kept in off-site storage facility.
- Research and submit back-up for credit card disputes and/or inquiries.
- Handle Fedex bills. Research for back up and submit for payment.
- Post food invoices. Match invoices with cheques to make sure everything balances before cheques are sent for signatures.
- Process group Travel Agent Commissions. Maintain a log to insure commissions are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain a log to make sure funds are wired on a timely basis.
- Handle all “issue maintenance” for bank’s Positive Pay system. Do cheque inquiries and process stop-payments.
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with a Finance Department, preferably within a hotel
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Trained in Accounting, Analyzing, and Auditing
- Sun and Opera Systems knowledge would be ideal and greatly valued
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- Is dynamic and inspirational, with confident delivery skills
- Has excellent communication skills and fluency in English (written & verbal)
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and is able to evidence professionalism and adaptability
- Previous experience with a Luxury Hotel & Resort
Require a working technical knowledge of administrative
- Administration skills.
- Ability to operate fax, scanner, copier, telephone, adding machine, calculator.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage
The Hotel will apply for the work authorization for a successful candidate.