About the job
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
Your role as a Senior Associate in IT Audit, will perform a variety of assurance and testing work for a portfolio of diversified clients in different industries. Given the many opportunities to work with different engagement teams and managers, you learn to collaborate very fast. As you progress, we train and assign you to different aspects of the engagement. During your tenure as a Senior Associate in IT Audit, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Contribute to engagement planning by perform business process understanding along with financial audit and assurance teams to identify scope for IT Audit procedures such as test of automated control, data analysis and other audit procedures to address financial audit risks.
- Prepare and communicate IT Audit Plan, budget and timelines to the IT Audit Manager.
- Perform fieldwork and audit procedures such as IT risk assessment, test of automated / application controls, test of general IT Controls, interface controls and test of system-generated reports, risk mitigation procedures and reporting preparation.
- Communicate engagement issues and findings to senior management and client personnel
- Contribution to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Ensuring quality in delivering of client service
- Follow Deloitte policies and relevant professional standards in performance of procedures
- Execution of multiple concurrent engagements within multiple industries, while delivering exceptional client service according to firm standards.
- Report directly to managers and partners the status of engagements.
- Interfacing with clients’ management and personnel and managing client relationships and expectations.
- Supporting in cyber security assessments, information security assessments, business continuity reviews, and other hot topics for our clients.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- BS in Computer Science, Business Computer or Management Information Systems.
- CISA or other relevant certification is a plus
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments in Financial Services Industry.
- Ability to plan and manage fieldwork along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
- Experience in testing general IT controls of applications, operating systems, and databases; testing of system generated reports is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Technology Industry.
- Ability to perform risk mitigation procedures, which include identifying and testing mitigating controls, compensating controls etc.
- Articulate, well-spoken, team player and passionate about delivering tangible outcomes.
- Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines and firm needs.
- Strong proficiency in basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct extensive research.
- Fluency in English Language (Reading, Writing and Speaking).