About the job
ROLE AND CONTEXT:
Purpose: This role is responsible for supporting the Performance and Quality function with respect to Ooredoo’s Procurement system’s administration and providing periodic report to the Manager on procurement activities.
Corporate Services facilitates and enables service delivery across Ooredoo in critical functions such as Building & Support Services, Procurement & Logistics. The department coordinates all activities related to three key aspects covering purchase, logistics and materials management. Responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements to ensure Ooredoo has a purchasing system that meets international best practice standards. This role supports the department to oversee management of warehouse, archiving and logistics.
- Assists in raising periodical reports by extracting the relevant data reflecting the actual situation of the process.
- Keeps the Manager of Procurement Support informed of all activities or problems and supports the preparation of reports upon request.
- Assists in compiling data related to the Procurement function and assists in preparing periodic reports to the management.
- Assists in carrying out special assignments or investigations as instructed by the reporting head/ Director of Procurement.
- Checks Contract/ POs for completeness and clarity with the supporting documentation and obtains necessary missing information where required.
Minimum Experience, Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a Strategic Sourcing function for high value B2B technical products with a significant understanding of Contract negotiations to international industry standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering or Management