About the job
About The Role
Lead Simulator Technician is responsible to deliver simulators (FFS, APT, Server Rooms and SEP equipment) maintenance activities to directly support training operations, maintenance checks and duties within his authority as a lead simulator technician. Provide specialized knowledge, skills and expertise as required ensuring safe, effective and efficient operations.
- Execute assigned activities in an effective and efficient manner, use tooling relative to assigned tasks within framework of Qatar Airways procedures.
- Support Roster shift work in collaboration with technical team members to service simulator devices and ensure uninterrupted availability for crew training as per operational requirements.
- Verify simulator functionality through execution of morning, preflight, and turn-around check activities to confirm daily readiness on all Simulator Devices.
- Review technical queries to communicate with Training Device Manufacturers (TDM) in order to raise and follow up on service requests to resolve flagged deficiencies.
- Implement solutions to technical problems as provided by TDM and directed by senior level 2 Engineer to ensure timely resolution of defects raised during training.
- Maintain simulator and component serviceability standards by executing documented engineering processes to meet schedule availability requirements.
- Provide satisfactory support to the other Simulator Engineering team members during the execution of scheduled servicing to ensure completion of TDM-recommended preventive maintenance tasks.
- Assist Simulator Engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance actions, to achieve required availability and reliability on one or more flight training devices.
- Support Engineering staff through timely resolution of training defects of varying severity to meet a pre-defined set of technical measurement criteria and achieve set departmental targets for simulator performance and reliability.
- Accomplish Simulator maintenance tasks in accordance with TDM recommended procedures and ITC Standard Engineering Procedures to ensure functional readiness of simulators.
An ideal candidate should meet the following requirements
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role), Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in Full Flight Simulators, Door Trainers, and Fire Trainer maintenance and aircraft parts debugging.
- Experience with L3 Simulators.
- Experience with Door Trainers & Fire Trainer training devices
- Experience with Rockwell Collins Visual, knows how to maintain hardware and software aspect of system
Job Specific Skills:
- Ability to debug simulator hardware components
- Able to interpret schematics and other technical document pertaining to FSTD
- Know how to run QTGs for simulators.
- Highly customer oriented and must be able to deal tactfully in sensitive situation
- Knowledge in Rockwell Collins Visual Maintenance
- Ability to Communicate in English spoken and written
- Knowledge in simulators maintenance.