About the job
Our Middle East operations is currently in a strong growth phase due to the significance of some of our projects. We are seeking a Project Manager who will be supporting the Engineering Services and Design Business Group (BG) to deliver their projects.
The successful candidate will join the GHD team, based in our Doha, Qatar office and will be reporting to the Leader – Design Services.Home to the upcoming 2022 World cup, Qatar is a tax-free economy with stunning tourist attractions. Ranking #29 as the most peaceful country in the world, according to the 2021 Global Peace Index
As a member of the Design Services Team, you will act as an active member leading local and global teams to achieve excellent project outcomes. This role will be working closely with the Project Directors and Business Group Leaders to deliver large retail, residential, industrial, and commercial projects. The PM will be managing high profile clients and other key internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include:
- You will be a forward-thinking individual ready to change the status quo and bring fresh ideas to the team on how we can manage and deliver our projects.
- Design management of the engineering/Architecture disciplines for deliverables, coordination, and quality controls
- Coordinate as a Design manager, all design matters relating to a project, to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that deliver on time, quality and within budget.
- Reviewing and advising on design technical matter, ensuring they meet regulatory, legislative requirements, the client’s brief and GHD standards.
- Chairing design meetings, writing reports and giving presentations within the design team and with Clients.
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and deliver high quality standard submission.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with clients, team leads and sub-consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline in coordination with team leads.
- Evaluate and motivate designers toward continued growth and leading design solutions.
- Project prioritization of design tasks, assignment and management to the design team.
- Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
- You will provide leadership and planning, coordinate the resources for each project including inputs from other offices, sub-consultants and other suppliers and manage all jobs to deliver them on time, within the budget. You will also provide technical expertise on projects and assist the development of other staff through appropriate supervision and training.
- You will work closely with the Project Directors (PD’s) and Business Group Leader (BGL) to during the initial project setup, project planning stage, delivery stage and close-out phase to achieve the agreed strategy and project’s KPI and follow GHD Project Delivery Framework.
- You will be able to report project’s technical and commercial status to the internal management and external stakeholders.
- Possess legal and contract management skills to monitor the project Contract, manage scope & variations and identify key risks.
- Maintain and promote safety environment within your project, business group and wider team.
- Monitor the coordination of the MEP disciplines with structure and architecture.
- Understanding project life cycle and testing & commissioning procedures.
- Strong understanding and adherence to GHD’s Winning Work Procedures and preparing proposals.
- You will have a passion for the digital world and you will understand the power and benefit of BIM delivery being ready to operate in a fluid, digital, and transformation operation harnessing the power of technology to deliver world class projects for our clients.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Design/ Engineering (preferably commercial, residential, retail or Data Centers) with at least 4 years of experience in project management.
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen.
- Understanding P6, MS Projects and other planning tools
- Strong capability in project controls (scheduling, cost reporting, forecasting, variation management etc).
- Strong eye for detail coupled with a methodical and organized approach.
- Degree qualified in Architecture or Project Management.
- Fully conversant with the FIDIC suite of contracts and or other ad-hoc forms.
- Professional qualification/ chartership is a plus, such as PMP, CIOB, RICS, PRINCE2 certification.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Arabic language is preferred but not a must.