About the job
Cluster Director of Food & Beverage
Contribute to and to support Kempinski’s vision of becoming the undisputed leader in the hospitality industry, making our Food & Beverage offer a key differentiating factor for the Kempinski brand. To drive the top line of the Food & Beverage Department in Kempinski Hotel while ensuring sustainable and profitable operations.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.
Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support career development by training, cross exposure, task force assignments and transfers.
- Grow talent in order to present candidates in quarterly Talent Transfer Calls.
- Take the time to meet all new Food & Beverage employees.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s minimum for middle management, providing feedback on their job performance.
- Ensure that a succesion plan is in place to guarantee a seamless, efficient handover for all management positions.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food & beverage products and services.
- Prepare/consolidate the yearly budget for the department in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Prepare the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, hold the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant staff meetings and hotel trainings.
- Conduct daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Take the necessary disciplinary actions, when needed, in accordance with local legislations.
- Ensure all departmental operations manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Source the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the hotel.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools (Leading Quality Assurance, Customer Satisfaction Survey).
- Maintain an active relationship with the hotel’s PR Manager in regards to hotel’s Food & Beverage outlets and events.
- Ensure that all Outlet Managers are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their product and service meet the demands.
- Coordinate with the Chef to ensure that employees are educated and aware of seasonal and new products on the market.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum five 5 years in an F&B management role
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field or MBA
- Minimum 3 years experience in a 5* hotel, preferably experience in a successful stand alone food & beverage operation
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Food & Beverage
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions