About the job
Parsons is looking for a talented Electrical Inspector to join our team! In this role you will get to perform advanced electrical inspection tasks, including assessing adherence to quality control procedures. Inspects various facets of work on the jobsite and performs continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Documents nonconformance and participates in determining appropriate resolution. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in electrical elements of pumping stations for drainage networks.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Performs advanced inspection tasks, including monitoring, inspection, coordination, witnessing, documentation of all electrical works in compliance with quality control procedures.
- Inspects various inspection work on the jobsite and performs continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Documents nonconformance and participates in determining appropriate resolution. Inspection activities are usually concentrated in electrical elements of pumping stations for drainage networks.
- Willingness to relocate to field sites is expected. Performs work in safe manner and is cognizant of public safety.
- Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
- Installation of electrical equipment related to traffic signals, ramp metering and street lighting.
- Oversee and inspect all electrical & instrumentation work and ensure that installation activities comply with contractual obligations and quality control standards.
- Installation of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Building and facility construction and associated site development
- Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them
- Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect electrical & instrumentation materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
- Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
- Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by contract.
- Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer in performing the related duties on site.
- Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution.
- Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
- Provides technical guidance and delegates responsibilities as appropriate to lower-level inspectors.
- Prepares quality control reports and recommends changes to procedures.
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
- Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Client
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience, of which 5 years in similar large scale infrastructures projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specifications, be totally familiar with construction-related processes related to area of electrical inspections.
- Knowledge of English grammar and composition, the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experienced in quality control and quality assurance of electrical elements of sewerage and surface water systems, pump stations, treatment works and roads.
- Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality.
- Should be able to review and justify the material submissions, analyze technical reports, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s specifications.
- Ability to prepare accurate QA/QC plans and could lead, motivate a project QC team, write clear, brief, and accurate technical reports.
- Capability to perform math calculation to prepare engineering calculations, graphs, and charts.
- Proficiency with basic computer usage, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to comply with multitude of requirements as applicable to the project based on client and industry standards.