About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Quality Control and Assurance Inspector to be part of the Groups Uniform Department of Qatar Airways.
This role will be responsible to oversee the Inspection of all the uniform items inclusive of all types of garments and accessories, to ensure products supplied / received to QR and issued to all staff are as per the approved contracted reference sample, without any deviation which might reflect in a financial loss to the company.
- Ensure all Standard Operation Procedures for Quality Control and Assurance are complied with and followed in the inspection of every uniform garment and accessories inspected following the AQL standards. Ensure full compliance and implementation of the AQL standards whilst carrying out the inspection of garments and accessories through either visual inspection for colour / design / workmanship / packaging and / or the physical inspection of the product technical characteristics against the approved reference sample
- Ensure full adherence and implementation of the planned inspections as per the weekly / monthly Quality Control / Assurance inspection scheme. Ensure implementation of the inspection as per the Quality Control / Assurance inspection plan in all locations inclusive of main warehouses, uniform operating facilities and any other locations as required
- Ensure during inspections to always have the reference sample, invoice details, tape measure, specification, inspection form on hand and available. Ensure adherence and compliance to the reference sample maintenance SOP while conducting the inspection process taking out the sample from the sample room, handling the reference sample during inspection and returning the sample back to the sample room to ensure the integrity of the reference sample is maintained
- All findings from the inspection, quantities against size breakdown, defects, measurements and packaging are to be recorded on the inspection form
- Isolation of defective products in preparation for the imaging process to be conducted by the Quality Control / Assurance Supervisor
- Ensure accurate capturing and recording of all noted defects in the products in the Quality Control / Assurance form incompliance with the SOP
- Ensure carrying out the inspection of all the reported defective product by the staff presented to the Uniform Customer Service, assessing the defect / damage and adhering to the respective SOP
- Carryout full condition assessment, measurement and size categorization for the altered uncollected items to achieve the business objectives reducing / eliminating any financial loss to the company
- Perform other department duties related to his / her position as directed by the Head of Department
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Has completed Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification.
- Has minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Factory/Retailer/ Brand working experience with garments and fabric/accessory product quality.
- Relevant experience in Quality Control/ Assurance processes in Factory/ Retailer and Garment industry.
- Advanced knowledge of garment measurement.
- Physically fit to be able to conduct inspection and move product cartons and package.
- Good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong team player.
- Strong attention to details.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Preferably with Qatar driving license.