About the job
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo Commercial / Sales team as a ULD Business Support Specialist in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of Cargo Commercial/ Sales. We care, we lead and we have fun managing small to large-scale business transformation projects to offer simple service to our customers while connecting global communities.
In this role you will be managing the on-going repair activities, monitoring, reporting and providing analysis as well as insights for the ULD Repair Workshop. Provide analysis to drive continuous improvement and ad hoc responses for specific decision making issues for e.g. repair forecast and volume trends, peak trough analysis, capacity/capability analysis, financial and operational KPIs. Constantly engaging in the development, management and enhancement of the systems and processes.
Some of the tasks include,
- Accountable for development of performance metrics, reporting and improvement targets for the ULD Repair Workshop.
- Purchase orders are prepared, actioned and monitored promptly Raising computer stock requests and processing incoming parts and material Responsible for inventory usage check and parts ordering to the supplier accordingly before production halted due to stock outs.
- Deliver performance reports/dashboards for management.
- Identify, monitor and resolve any service quality shortfalls or adverse KPI trends across the ULD Repair Workshop. This will involve close collaboration with the ULD team.
- Responsible for the change management in the case of changes in the current processes, or in case new processes are implemented – advise and guide the ULD Repair Workshop team to support collaborative working approaches to achieve optimum service levels and KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of job- related experience
- Excellent understanding of systems within a production environment
- Advanced MS office skills
- Excellent command of the English language both verbally and in writing