About the job
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Occupational Health Specialist to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Developing guidelines in liaison with the Head of Health and Environment pertaining to occupational health for all employees and premises
- Ensuring implementation of health guidelines and procedures in order to ensure the prevention of any health hazard in client premises and amongst employees
- Conducting periodic inspections to assess the work environment for any potential health and safety problems and takes necessary corrective action for the same
- Ensuring necessary steps are taken to maintain the health standards at client facilities in line with established international health and safety standards
- Developing and implementing health programs in order to foster a culture of healthy working environment at all client facilities and amongst all employees
- Liaising with directorates, departments, and sections to address any concerns or situations of potential health hazard
- Conducting frequent inspections of work environment involving handling of hazardous chemicals and materials to ensure strict safety precautions are practiced as required by international and Kahramaa safety guidelines
- Ensuring provision of appropriate measures for handling emergency situations involving hazardous chemicals/ materials
- Conducting periodic assessments and inspections to analyse the level of pollutants in the work environment and ensures appropriate measures are taken to minimize them as per guidelines
- Ensuring adequate training and awareness sessions are conducted to educate employees about disease prevention and maintenance of healthy working conditions
- Working in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual Improvement department on securing and maintaining the ISO 9002 certification
- Carrying out and ensures compliance of all activities within the Health and Environment Section are in line with client health and safety regulations
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 10 years of experience in Occupational Health. A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Medicine or Biomedical Sciences with knowledge of national & international health & safety standards, and NEBOSH Diploma.
Should be either CMIOSH (Chartered Member) or GradIOSH (Graduate Member) or Certified Environmental, Safety & Health Trainer (CET) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Also, should have the following certification training.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Basic Fire Fighting Certificate from a recognized institute
- ISO 45001 (Preferred)
- Train the Trainer Certificate
- Confined Space Entry
- Risk Management (QRA, JSA, HAZID etc.)
- Emergency Response & Preparedness