About the job
To oversee the development and implementation of volunteers’ training and capacity building opportunities and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation system within the Community Service Section. Responsible for continuously improving training techniques and provide technical and advisory support to the all activities and functions within the Community Service section.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Helps to plans, and implements, the goals, objectives, activities, policies, procedures, and work standards for the Community Service.
- Directs the day-to-day training and capacity development programs of the recruited volunteers and to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Develop program specific tool kits and manuals, ensure they are trialed and adapted as needed.
- Organizes several annual trainings and workshops for staff, volunteer team leaders, and volunteers
- Meet and coordinate with QM staff to discuss training needs for requested volunteers.
- Planning and conducting evaluations, analyses, and assessments of CS activities and projects.
- Provide staff with technical assistance in monitoring and evaluations, and synthesis of data monitoring and lessons learned.
- Assist the Head of Community Service in developing and monitoring the annual budget.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate.
- Assist the Head of CS with the selection, training, professional development, and work evaluation of subordinate staff
- Facilitates knowledge building and knowledge sharing among program team.
- Carries out improvements to the program to meet changing mission parameters and requirements.
- Represents the Community Service section as appropriate when asked.
- In collaboration with the Head of CS, reviews and evaluates internal programs, volunteer requests procedure and delivery, and implements new training programs including researching, compiling, and analyzing supporting data.
- Advise on and proposes new methods for volunteer recruitment strategy and establishing a
- volunteer recognition and appreciation plan that allows the growth and encourages volunteerism among various community members.
- Ensures that Community Service reports are prepared monthly and ready to be compiled into an annual report.
- Develops systems and maintains records that provide proper evaluation, control, and documentation of assigned activities.
- Maintains a high level of quality and accuracy for all program operations and reports.
- Able to resolve program issues and implement improvements to ensure programs stays on course.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal colleagues through clear and transparent communications and support the work of other colleagues with a view to achieving the overall aims of
- the directorate.
- Demonstrates extraordinary teamwork spirit and respect among colleagues, volunteers, and partners.
- Show quality job requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality.
- Maintains regular attendance, punctuality, and dedication. Consistently arrives to work and departs from work as scheduled.
- Deals with integrity all matters at the workplace and outside of work
- Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both outside normal working hours and during official holidays or weekends if required by the organization
- Performs all other duties, within a reasonable boundary, as assigned by the Head of CS
- Complies with all the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar.
- Adheres to Qatar Museums policies and standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Proven 10+ years of full-time work experience in a related field, with previous working experience with volunteers and development organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Master’s or higher degrees is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly develop strong working relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a challenging environment
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage time and work under the pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate the team as well as a wide variety of groups and individuals, building supportive networks within the community