About the job
To manage corporate procurement, its budget, and policies and monitor the day-to-day operations of the corporate procurement activities and inventory management operations and ensure to maintain healthy supplier portfolio, meeting all the necessary requirement and standards set by the healthcare.
Main tasks and responsibilities (the position exist to perform the below tasks and essential activities)
- Contribute to the development and execution of the department’s short to mid-term plans to ensure alignment with the division’s strategic priorities and contribute to the development of annual business plans for the assigned areas of responsibility to support the achievement of financial objectives.
- Monitor, control and report key performance indicators related to the department, to track performance and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage the performance management, career progression and activities of direct reports by setting annual objectives, identifying training opportunities, mentoring, coaching and providing constructive feedback to improve their performance.
- Contribute with ideas that support an efficient and effective structure and resource allocation for the department, to ensure smooth workflow of operational processes and optimal utilization of resources.
- Provide input into the preparation and consolidation of the department’s budget, monitor financial performance during the year and identify areas of unsatisfactory performance (if any), and recommend mitigating actions.
- Monitor contract expiration dates to ensure timely renewal or rebidding process occurs.
- Oversee the day-to-day purchasing and materials management activities which include evaluating vendors, facilitating meetings, developing contracts, processing orders and inventory management.
- Investigate product alternatives, reviewing cost effectiveness, soliciting bids and negotiating with vendors.
- Serve as Supply Chain liaison for specialty product sourcing and pricing.
- Manage product conversations and penetration levels as required for compliance by GPO Opportunity programs.
- Work with Supply Chain Inventory Distribution and Logistics Management to maintain Just-In-Time (JIT) inventory.
- Facilitate and maintain initiatives related to MMIS to assure that the Item Master is always up-to-date and accurate.
- Assist in the development and/or amending internal policies and procedures associated with supply chain item master activities and assist in improving workflows associated with the organization’s item Master activities.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive decision support data which includes cost analytics, usage data, forecasting, benchmarking analysis, compliance reporting, and a compilation of other significant data to assist supply chain leadership.
- Facilitate the standardization of products and optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with Physicians and Clinicians via the Value Analysis Committee.
- Create a supportive environment for supply chain staff development and the delivery of supply chain solutions. Supervision of staff to include hiring, training and evaluating performance.
- Review product Recall activities for the organization daily. Coordinates recall efforts with Receiving, Inventory Control, Clinicians, Pharmacy and Resolution Services to ensure patient safety.
- Monitor vendor performance and end-user satisfaction throughout the term of negotiated contracts.
- Assist in the development and/or amending internal policies and procedures associated with supply chain contracting activity and assists in improving workflows associated with the organization’s contracting activities.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of the department’s policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE&E and QM policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service standards and a responsible environmental attitude.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Knowledge of the healthcare clinical industry
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and operations (both digital and traditional)
- Good knowledge of ERP solutions specifically for warehouse management
- Experience of program and project management approaches
- Experienced analytical skills, ideally aligned to e-commerce experience and knowledge
- Highly competent in value engineering and performance improvement
- Strong negotiation skills, strong contractual and commercial competence
- Specialist knowledge of end-to-end supply chain
- Ability to effectively manage simultaneous tasks
- Proven track record of project delivery skills
- Substantial experience of managing multiple senior stakeholder