About the job
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Ensure occupied and vacant guestrooms are cleaned and maintained up to the exact standard as demonstrated by Housekeeping supervisory colleagues during initial training
- Remove all soiled linens and towels from room and handover to housemen or dispose in linen chute
- Thoroughly clean guest bathrooms, bathroom walls, bathtub, shower, water closet using the suggested chemicals. After cleaning, dry all areas, fixtures and surfaces
- Arrange all toiletries straightened on a piece of cloth in occupied guest rooms
- Replenish all amenities and terry items
- Efficiently make bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated
- Arrange all clothing items in occupied guestrooms, folded neatly according to standard as demonstrated
- Upkeep and clean guestroom and bathroom and include all inside windows and mirrors
- Remove all room service trays from guestroom hallways and/or corridor and bring to back landings and call for pick up
- Vacuum the guestroom’s carpet and wipe down furniture and baseboards according to standard in all assigned work areas
- Senior School qualifications or equivalent is mandatory
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is beneficial
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- A minimum of 1 year of housekeeping experience
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is beneficial
- Basic housekeeping, chemical, linen and machinery knowledge is beneficial