About the job
Bin Yousef is looking for a highly capable IT assistant to provide technical assistance to our staff. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, and securing data. You will also be required to advise on IT equipment upgrades.
To ensure success as an IT assistant, you should have a sound knowledge of business software and hardware systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and high-level interpersonal skills.
- Procurement of IT assets as per need, budget, approval & purchase order and in discussion with IT officer and Manager.
- Responding to staff requests and emergencies as needed.
- Monitoring computer systems for malfunctions and errors.
- Performing maintenance and updates on hardware and software systems as needed.
- Installing new hardware such as computers, servers, and other peripherals.
- Track, tag and maintain database of IT asset & mobile record in stock register and prepare repair and maintenance records
- Installing and updating software such as MS Office, antivirus, and operating systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues.
- Implementing repairs and updates based on diagnostic assessments.
- Generating error, diagnostic, and repair reports.
- Maintenance of data backup in external storage as per company policy/guidelines
- Providing staff with training on the operation and maintenance of various computer systems.
- Share regular IT vertical report: Monthly report, Asset details, Backup details, Antivirus, MPR, Action Plan
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in hardware, software, protocols, and diagnostic techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science
- 1-3 years of experience in related field
- Capable of working on a variety of operating systems including Windows and Apple IOS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent understanding of software systems including network, enterprise, and office programs.
- Good knowledge of Mobile devices troubleshooting inventory management, strong communication and interpersonal skills