About the job
Overview of the role:
The role is to control and guide the repair and maintenance activities in the workshop and to achieve or exceed the business targets by ensuring maximum productivity and technical efficiency on the technical floor as always.
What you will do:
Work Bays Utilisation
- Workshop Capacity Planning and Loading.
- Optimising Productivity, efficiency and workshop output and review for continuous improvement
- Controlling productive time and allocation
- Administer Technicians’ time booking and update in the Incentive System.
- Control and Plan Carry over jobs as well as work in progress
- Ensure Safety and Security of the associates on the floor.
- To implement the Dealer standards on the workshop floor.
- Ensure Fixt it Right First Time (FRFT) and conduct Quality Inspection
- Effective Utilization and Maintenance of Tools and Equipment in the workshop.
- Ensures a Quality job at a competitive price and delivers the vehicles at promised time.
- Additional repair jobs are informed to Service Advisors which ensures rectification of all the necessary repairs in the vehicles.
Training & Development
- Motivates associates by providing encouragement and guidance and by nominating them for the required training courses relevant to their training needs.
- Quality Performance Development Review with technicians
- Conduct effective daily and weekly meetings with Technicians team for necessary updates.
- Induct New Technicians with standard service and repair process.
Field Technical Reports
- Assist Technical Support Manager in providing Quality Inspection Check Sheets.
- Handles product concerns and follow the escalation process through Field Technical Dept. to achieve timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Maintaining Service Bulletins and Workshop Manuals.
- Continuously improve the work environment for the technicians to motivate them
Required Skills to be successful:
- Based in Qatar with NOC
- Must have Automotive background
- Min. (3) years experience in Workshop
- Customer service experience
About the Team:
The role will report to Service Manager and you will be working in a busy workshop environment wherein you will be dealing directly with Workshop Supervisor, Controller, Foreman & Technicians in a daily basis.
What equips you for the role:
- Diploma or Bachelor of Automobile /Mechanical Engineering .
- Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years overall experience with automobile dealership – Out of which a minimum 3 years in Service Dept. at supervisor level.
- Job-Specific Skills: Automotive dealer / distributor business processes, working knowledge of MS office, ERP skills, people and technical skills.
- Behavioural Competencies : People oriented, strategic and analytical, honest and responsible, cultural sensitive and sound work ethics.