About the job
The Claims Management – Assistant Manager is responsible to supervise the processing/documents handling operations for efficient claims monitoring and responding to clients according to set quality & performance standards of the Claims Management department. The incumbent is also responsible in ensuring flexibility in handling loads and changes in the department, help the team to be client-oriented to deliver quality actions, promote productivity and efficiency
- Assist the Claims Management – Manager in overall supervision of the Claims Management department and monitoring department performance; plus conducting unit meetings on behalf of the manager.
- Assist the Manager in staff appraisal using company performance appraisal tool & ensure unit performs its task to have the medical ethics respected at all times.
- Contributes in developing, updating and implementing policies and procedures to suit the functional objective of the business.
- Responsible for the implementation of the core processes with accountability for the overall performance of the department.
- Suggest updates in policies and procedures within the department to be followed by the staff members.
- Ensures tasks of the team member requirements are fulfilled according to operational measures.
- Monitors & ensures process claims targets and reporting targets are achieved.
- Ensures high level of quality in daily claims processing for maximum medical data collection.
- Monitors and follow-up on the performance of the department based on agreed performance targets.
- Ensures high quality customer service is provided at all times by developing quality standards.
- Ensures that communication requirements are being adhered to in a timely and professional manner.
- Takes responsibility of any task/project assigned by the manager.
- Ensures employees follow company ethics/values at all times.
- Ensures accurate and timely claims processing and documents handling.
- Ensures proper evaluation of processing/documents handling, releasing/tracking and management of cases.
- Manages targets and quality check of data & efficiency of the staff members.
- Assist the Claims Management – Manager in obtaining additional information needed for the accurate and timely claims processing/documents handling
- Bachelor’s degree; MBBS required.
- 3+ years of medical practical experience (reputable insurance provider, broker or a TPA experience a plus); Knowledge of overall insurance industry practices is a plus ;
- Physically fit to carry out duties
- Legally permitted to work in the country of operations.
- Fluency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and general internet navigation and research skills