About the job
The opportunity project:
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking candidate to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Setting-up cost control systems.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, and cost estimates and participating in tender evaluation.
- Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
- Preparing tender documentation.
- Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
- Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
- Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to the site, works progress achieved, change orders executed and etc.
- Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participating in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
- Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
- Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
- Ensuring evaluation of change orders is determined in accordance with contract conditions.
- Assisting in settling contractual disputes and analyse claims and extensions of time.
- Finalising the project account.
- Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
- Performing any other project-related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.