About the job
- To supervise the EPIC contractors during the execution of construction activities atconstruction site.
- Participate in reviewing detailed design drawings, method statements, material requisitions,and etc.
- Co-ordinate mobilization of contractors on site.
- Supervise and approve construction activities and co-ordinate various aspects of projectconstruction including inspections, material submissions and working drawings fromcontractors, and processing documentation as required.
- Carryout daily checks on contractor’s staff and work carried out during the previous day inorder to ensure compliance with prescribed contractual specifications.
- Handle all aspects of Civil Construction activities including site investigations, site surveys.
- Conduct topographical surveys.
- Supervise and handle construction of watertight basement, drainage, plumbing andirrigation works.
- Good knowledge and familiar with architectural finishes.
- Supervise road works, cable trenching and backfilling.
- Supervise steel structural works.
- Supervise and manage major concrete pours.
- Supervise and manage shore protection works.
- Overall knowledge about EHV substation Electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Firealarm & Loss prevention and Building Services etc.
- Maintain a daily record of progress (daily diary) noting special comments. Reports tosupervisor work anomalies or contractual deviations committed by contractor personneland recommend corrective actions.
- Liaise with quantity surveyors in order to determine physical progress and the amount (%)of completed work for the preparation of related monthly progress and invoices.
- Check and ensure that all building services & construction works are completed inaccordance with approved standards consistent with contract specifications
- Sign work permits on behalf of company and to ensure that contractors compliance withconditions fixed on consolidated work permits
- Participate in development of as-built drawings/documentation.
- Prepare Punch list for finished work prior to hand over to company by contractor by payingspecial attention to finished depths, levels and dimensions of various buildings and roadworks.
- Works closely with other company Construction Supervisors (Mech. / Elect. / Instrument).
- Report to company Senior Construction Supervisor on main issues events at site, progressreporting, trends and recommendation for improvement
- Candidate should have a minimum of 7 to 8 years overall experience in Construction of EHV Substations up to 132kV and above with exposure to civil works connected with substation Electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Fire alarm & Loss prevention and building Services.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to interface and communicate with internal and external departments, agencies, contractors and vendors. Fully conversant with office and Engineering software applications relevant to his discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with EPIC contractor or consultant holding Construction Supervisor position on EHV substations projects
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized University.