About the job
- Ensure Instrument and Control (I&C) engineering activities are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved variations if any. Accountable for a quality design of I&C engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of I&C field activities.
- Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplines stakeholders from both PMT and EPC Contractor. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete I&C design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear.
- Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase orders for systems other than the MICC Package with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Drive Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Support multi-discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, in support of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations to management on I&C issues.
- Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Provides I&C engineering support in all project’s worskhops and reviews.
- Timely engage the project leadership and share lessons learned with the Shared organization.
- 15 years’ experience working in Instrument and Controls, in an Oil & gas industry project having broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- I&C design experience for offshore assets.
- Strong understanding of Instrumentation, Controls and Safety equipment, Metering, vendor package and systems experience. Well versant in relevant industry codes and standards.
- Experience with smart JB technology is desired.
- Pre-comm/Comm experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent.