About the job
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all Environmental and Regulatory related matters. Shall be flexible and team orientated. Act as the key focal point for all Environmental compliance field issues.
- Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR, Subcontractors and Vendors to site across all EPC packages, ensuring all relevant Environmental requirements are met prior to the start of site works. Helps to ensure compliance to the Consent to Construct (CTC) requirements and conditions and monitors the implementation of the Environmental Action Plan (EAP).
- Ensures that the relevant Environmental Impact Assessment / Environmental Social Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA / EIA) is up to date and implemented according to approvals received from MoE&CC.
- Provide support and steward the timely development of the Consent to Operate (CTO) in coordination with COMPANY EARD, to ensure the project meets all regulatory requirements.
- Champion on-site environmental awareness with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Regular attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) in terms of environmental issues.
- Provide oversight and guidance for site Environmental and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLIC and MoE&CC regulatory requirements, including monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Review and approve all Environmental related plans, procedures and implementation plans to ensure full compliance to the relevant Project, Company, RLIC and MoE&CC requirements. Ensure regular reporting is made by CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTOR(s) in terms of environmental issues as well as external reporting where required.
- Coordinates RLIC inspections including those related to Environmental Permits (Environmental Baseline Assessment), Dewatering permits, rock-crusher and batching plant approvals, Turtle Management Plan inspections and compliance and Environmental Discharge Certificate (EDC) issuance on completion of use of temporary areas.
- Provide technical support to Engineering to ensure that environmental requirements (those related to emissions) are complied with during detailed design.
- Participate in relevant site environmental reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required. Participate in Environmental assessments and inspections, including facilitation of inspections by RLC Environmental Department when required. Manage the development of environmental campaigns such as World Environment Day, Beach Clean-up, Housekeeping etc.
- Environmental Science or Engineering Degree (BSc, MSc) or equivalent.
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e., greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).